Homeschool Memories

K said:
--Historical fiction in history. (This is always the first thing I think of when asked for favorites.)
--Field trips, specifically the East Coast trip. (This is the second thing.)
--The time line/century book idea.
--The lifestyle of learning. The fact that you and Daddy knew all of the answers to our questions. The love of learning.
--The confidence you instilled in me that I can learn/understand/do anything.
--The way you got excited to relearn calculus with me.
--I liked that typing tutor program we had, and it has served me well.
--I think it was very important that I wrote the senior research paper that I did. I think we could have done more writing in high school, since college is all about writing."

B said:
"
One of my memorable moments occurred when I took two classes at the public school. I thought my public-schooled peers were ahead of me academically. To my surprise, I shot straight to the top of my high school classes and it was then I realized that homeschool had prepared me better academically than public school would have. With homeschooling I was able to learn at my own pace which, while it varied between subjects, was overall vastly more effective than the public school environment would have allowed."

3 comments:

  1. Well you didn't tell me you were going to make a post of this! Let me think about it for a day or two and I am sure there are a few other things I'd want to mention. :)
    I KNOW I loved the days I was allowed to cook for math (doing a 1/2 or 2/3 or doubled recipe). Any way of making math not feel like math was a winner for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember Ben taking two classes at the public school... Anyway, I had the same experience when I took two classes at the public school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great feedback from your children!

    ReplyDelete